At City Church we encourage those who have found their spiritual home at City, who can agree fully with the statement of faith and respect our doctrinal distinctives and ethical statements to become members.
You can apply for membership online here or read on for more information.
Why not read an e-Copy of our Membership handbook here.
City Church aims to advance the Christian faith in accordance with our statement of faith, primarily but not exclusively within Birmingham and the surrounding area and members play a key role in this.
We have a number of different categories of membership:
- Junior membership (for those between 14-18)
- Associate membership (for those already in membership at another church and in Birmingham for a limited period)
- Full membership.
Members enjoy a number of benefits:
- They are entitled to attend quarterly church family meetings
- Regular prayer by other members of the church family
- Pastoral care through homegroups and the pastoral team
- Service in areas of church life where membership is required (e.g. serving our children and youth).
We ask members to make a number of commitments:
- when possible, regular attendance at the services organised by the Church;
- ministering to one another in accordance with their gifting;
- when possible, joining small groups for bible-study, fellowship and prayer and regular attendance at such mid-week prayer meetings as may be organised by the Church;
- regular private prayer for the work and ministry of the Church;
- when possible, regular financial contribution to the work of the Church in accordance with their means;
- active participation in the life, work and outreach of the Church;
- when possible, attendance of Church Meetings;
- submission to the authority and leadership of the Elders;
- respecting the beliefs and practices of the Church outlined in the Doctrinal Distinctives and not seeking to undermine them;
- leading their lives in a manner that is consistent with the Ethical Statements adopted by the Church; and
- showing Christian love and concern, both for the members of the church family and for the community at large
For more information, contact Tim Hay (email@example.com).